To make homemade milk ice cream, you'll need the following ingredients and equipment.
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Ice cream maker (optional)
- Freezer-safe container
Here's a step-by-step guide to making milk ice cream:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the whole milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk or use an electric mixer to blend the ingredients until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- If you have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into the machine and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions until it reaches a thick, creamy consistency. This usually takes around 20-25 minutes. Skip to step 4 if you don't have an ice cream maker.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer.
- If using an ice cream maker, transfer the churned ice cream to a freezer-safe container.
- Cover the container with a lid or plastic wrap, ensuring it is airtight to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Place the container in the freezer for at least 4-6 hours or until the ice cream is firm.
- Once the ice cream is fully frozen, it's ready to be served. Scoop it into bowls or cones and enjoy your homemade milk ice cream!
Note: You can also add your favorite mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, crushed cookies, or fruit, during the last few minutes of churning or fold them in after the ice cream is partially frozen. Get creative and customize your milk ice cream to your liking.