Make your own natural remedies better sleep
Making a homemade ointment for better sleep can be a soothing and natural way to promote relaxation. Here's a simple recipe for a sleep ointment using natural ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pellets
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops chamomile essential oil
- 5 drops vetiver essential oil
- Begin by setting up a double boiler. Fill a small saucepan with a few inches of water and place it on the stove over low heat. Place a heat-safe glass or metal bowl on top of the saucepan, ensuring it fits securely.
- Add the coconut oil and beeswax pellets to the bowl. Stir occasionally until the ingredients melt and blend together.
- Once melted, remove the bowl from the heat and let it cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Add the lavender, chamomile, and vetiver essential oils to the mixture. Stir well to combine the oils evenly throughout the ointment.
- Pour the mixture into a clean and sterilized container, such as a small glass jar or tin. Allow it to cool completely and solidify.
- To use the sleep ointment, take a small amount with your fingertips and gently massage it onto your temples, wrists, or any pulse points before bedtime. The soothing aroma and natural properties of the essential oils can help relax the mind and promote better sleep.
Note: If you have any allergies or sensitivities to certain ingredients, it's important to perform a patch test before applying the ointment to your skin. Apply a small amount to a small area of skin and wait 24 hours to check for any adverse reactions.
Remember, while a homemade sleep ointment can provide a calming effect, it's also important to establish a bedtime routine that includes a relaxing environment, reduced screen time before bed, and a consistent sleep schedule to achieve optimal sleep quality.