Jurong Lake Gardens: A hidden gem in the heartlands of Singapore
Jurong Lake Gardens is a 90-hectare urban garden located in the heartlands of Singapore. It is one of the largest gardens in Singapore, and it is home to a variety of attractions, including:
- Lakeside Garden: This section of the garden is home to a variety of attractions, including the Grasslands, the Clusia Cove water play area, and the Forest Ramble playground.
- Chinese and Japanese Gardens: This section of the garden is home to two beautiful gardens, the Chinese Garden and the Japanese Garden.
- Garden Promenade: This section of the garden is a waterfront promenade that offers stunning views of Jurong Lake.
Jurong Lake Gardens is a great place to visit for people of all ages. There is something for everyone to enjoy at the gardens, whether you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy nature, or a place to play and have fun with the kids.
Things to do at Jurong Lake Gardens
Here are a few things you can do at Jurong Lake Gardens:
- Take a walk or bike ride through the gardens: Jurong Lake Gardens is a great place to get some exercise and enjoy the fresh air. There are a variety of walking and biking trails that wind through the gardens.
- Visit the Grasslands: The Grasslands is a large open space with a variety of native grasses and wildflowers. It is a great place to have a picnic, relax, and enjoy the views.
- Play in the Clusia Cove water play area: The Clusia Cove water play area is a great place for kids to cool off and have fun. The water play area has a variety of features, including fountains, water slides, and water cannons.
- Explore the Forest Ramble playground: The Forest Ramble playground is a nature-inspired playground that is suitable for kids of all ages. The playground has a variety of features, including climbing structures, slides, and swings.
- Visit the Chinese Garden: The Chinese Garden is a beautiful garden that is inspired by classical Chinese gardens. The garden has a variety of features, including ponds, bridges, and pavilions.
- Visit the Japanese Garden: The Japanese Garden is a beautiful garden that is inspired by traditional Japanese gardens. The garden has a variety of features, including a tea house, a koi pond, and a rock garden.
- Take a walk along the Garden Promenade: The Garden Promenade is a waterfront promenade that offers stunning views of Jurong Lake. The promenade is a great place to take a walk, relax, and enjoy the scenery.
Food and drink at Jurong Lake Gardens
There are a few restaurants and cafes located within Jurong Lake Gardens. Here are a few recommendations:
- Fusion Spoon: Fusion Spoon stands as the exclusive dining establishment within Jurong Lake Gardens. Nestled by the eco-pond, patrons can relish their meals in a natural setting with picturesque views of Jurong Lake. Diners have the opportunity to savor a diverse range of dishes, spanning Western and Asian cuisines.
- Starbucks: Diners can relish the unobstructed view of Jurong Lake and the floating wetlands from both indoor and outdoor seating options.
- The Ride Side Skate Café: A unique skate café at Jurong Lake Gardens seamlessly blends food and beverage offerings, skate retail, and eco-conscious living initiatives. It also hosts community events to actively involve and unite the skate community.
If you are looking for a more casual dining experience, you can pack your own lunch or snacks and enjoy a picnic in Jurong Lake Gardens. There are many scenic spots where you can sit down and relax, such as the Grasslands and the Garden Promenade.
Tips for visiting Jurong Lake Gardens
Here are a few tips for visiting Jurong Lake Gardens:
- Wear comfortable shoes: There is a lot of walking involved in visiting Jurong Lake Gardens. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes so that you can enjoy your visit.
- Bring a hat and sunscreen: The sun can be quite strong in Singapore, even on cloudy days. Make sure to bring a hat and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun.
- Bring water: It is important to stay hydrated when visiting Jurong Lake Gardens. Make sure to bring water with you, especially if you are visiting on a hot day.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Jurong Lake Gardens is a large park, and it can be easy to get lost. Be aware of your surroundings and make sure to stay on the marked trails.
- Respect the wildlife: Jurong Lake Gardens is home to a variety of wildlife, including birds, squirrels, and monkeys. Be respectful of the wildlife and do not feed them.
Jurong Lake Gardens is a beautiful and unique park that is well worth a visit. It is a great place to relax and enjoy nature, or to have fun with the kids.
Jurong Lake Gardens
Yuan Ching Rd