5 nutritional lunch box recipes
Here are step-by-step guides for preparing the 5 lunch box recipes.
– Cook quinoa according to package instructions and let it cool.
– Chop cucumbers, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and any other desired vegetables.
– Mix the cooked quinoa and chopped vegetables in a bowl.
– Add chickpeas or grilled chicken for protein.
– Prepare a light vinaigrette dressing using olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine.
Wrap it Up
– Lay out whole-grain wraps on a clean surface.
– Spread a layer of hummus over each wrap.
– Add lean turkey or chicken slices on top of the hummus.
– Place spinach leaves and shredded carrots over the meat.
– Roll up the wraps tightly, and slice them into smaller pieces for easy serving.
Veggie Rice Bowl
– Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
– In a pan, sauté a mix of your favorite vegetables (e.g., broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini) in a bit of olive oil.
– Add tofu or beans for protein and heat through.
– Place the cooked brown rice in a bowl, top with the sautéed vegetables and protein.
– Drizzle teriyaki or soy sauce over the bowl for flavour.
Mason Jar Salad
– Start with a clean, dry mason jar.
– Begin by adding the dressing to the bottom of the jar.
– Layer ingredients in this order: hearty vegetables, protein (grilled salmon, chicken), nuts or seeds, berries, and finally leafy greens on top.
– Seal the jar tightly and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat.
– When it’s time to eat, shake the jar to mix the ingredients and enjoy!
Greek Yogurt Parfait
– In a container or jar, layer Greek yogurt at the bottom.
– Add a layer of granola on top of the yogurt.
– Sprinkle fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) over the granola.
– Repeat the layers until you fill the container.
– Finish with a drizzle of honey on top for sweetness.
Follow these steps for each recipe, and you’ll have a variety of delicious and nutritious lunch box options ready to go!